Chair B, designed by Konstantin Grcic for BD Barcelona Design, is a sleek and beautifully engineered folding chair designed to accompany the Table B. The elegantly minimalist shape of the chair belies the complex engineering involved to create the folding mechanism whilst ensuring the chair remains compact and stackable . Chair B is appropriate for multiple purposes in private and commercial spaces, from meeting rooms to auditoriums and around the dining table.
"B" is a collection of furniture and accessories designed by Konstantin Grcic for BD Barcelona Design, which comprises a Table, a Side Table and a Chair.
Konstantin Grcic is a world-renowned industrial designer known for his pared-down, minimalist aesthetic, particularly with the use of concrete. He has worked with many leading brands including Magis, ClassiCon, Flos and Vitra.
BD Barcelona Design is a unique brand at the intersection between art and design. Founded in 1972, Its owners come from an architectural background and have consistently championed beauty over pure functionality. Its skilled craftsmen in Barcelona create superior quality furniture and objects from design icons such as Antoni Gaudi, Salvador Dali and Ettore Sottsass as well as leading contemporary designers such as Jaime Hayon.
- Design: Konstantin Grcic
- Year: 2010
- Dimensions: W 56 x D 48 x H 77 cm - Seat Height 46 cm
- Weight: 6.2 kg
- Material: lateral sides are made of plywood veneered in ash; the backrest is made up of three parts in solid ash wood; the seat is plywood with the upper surface veneered in ash; the cross-bar of the seat is made of a steel tube and the hinges are made of aluminium castings; the hinge stoppers are in PVC; joining tools are in stainless steel
- Available in 2 finishes: chair in natural ash, axes in white; chair in ash lacquered black, axes in black
- Stacking: stackable (laterally) up to countless units
Other seat wood finishes and seat upholstered in leather are available - please enquire for more details
- Origin: made in Spain
- Delivery: 4 - 6 weeks
- The B Chair is certified to standards: EN-15373:07 ‘‘Furniture, resistance, durability and security: non-domestic seating’’; UNE EN 1728:01 ‘‘Domestic furniture, seats, determination of resistance and durability’’; UNE EN 1022:5 ‘‘Determination of stability’’
Tech Sheet and other Technical Specifications