We aim to inspire and help art investors navigating into the art world, by facilitating the buying and selling of fine art on behalf of our clients.
We offer a bespoke service in both the primary and secondary market. Buying art smartly requires passion and full dedication; it stems from deep and long-standing market knowledge, excellent negotiations skills, good relationships with key art professionals and an expert eye. We help and support new emerging art collectors, both private and corporate. We specialise in Modern and Contemporary Art worldwide, with a loving eye on emerging talented emerging artists as well. Acting as trusted independent art advisors, we help collectors acquire fine art. Our mission is to inspire and help art investors navigating into the art world, by facilitating the buying and selling of fine art on behalf of our clients.
- Visiting together with you or on your behalf art galleries, auctions
previews, fairs and other art gatherings
- Constantly researching the next right work for you
- Purchasing and commissioning
- Lead negotiations over private sales
- Act as your representative at auctions
- Source private off-market purchases
- Complete all pre-sale due diligence
- Handle all legalities of acquisition
- Full after-sale services: shipping, installation, displaying, cataloguing & insurance, conservation, loaning out and eventual re-sale of art
- Guarantee absolute discretion and confidentiality - Offer precise, market driven valuations
How It Works
Excellence in advising stems from attentive listening.
Everything starts by listening carefully in order to understand your needs, your taste, passions, interests and aspirations.
These are the 2 simple steps:
1) Preliminary meeting
2) Producing and signing a clear document stating your requirements, your expectations, your interests, your budget, the services kindly required by you, any other agreements and our fees
We are now working for and with you: we are both on the same side.
Our Different Approach
It is standard practice here in the U.K. for some advisors to hold inventory, act as private dealers, or accept additional compensation - from artists, vendors, and galleries.
We absolutely refuse this approach, which creates a conflict of interest.
Our approach is radically different:
We follow and respect a more American code of ethics: first and foremost an Art Advisor should only serve the needs of their clients. Honesty and full transparency towards our client is paramount.
For all the services we provide, we act as if we were you. We apply the same care, love, attention, due diligence and economic interest as if we were acting for ourselves.
Your interest is our interest. We work for you and with you.
Ultimately, Art has to make you happy: and whatever makes you happy, makes us happy as well!
Our aim is to build a long lasting relationship, ensuring that the dynamics of your collection accurately reflects your vision.
We apply a 10% commission on the purchase (or sale) price up to and including £1 million; 5% of amounts in excess of £1 million up to and including £5 million and 2% of any amounts in excess of £5 million.
Crucially: we negotiate prices and discounts entirely in your favour, therefore our commissions are calculated on the prices after any negotiated discount.
If the commission structure does not suit you, we are happy to discuss other forms of remuneration such as: hourly rates or monthly salary or a combination of all the above.
Please contact us for more information if you are interested in our Art Advisory services.