The Roest 20 Ceiling Light is part of the Roest collection designed by VanJoost for Graypants, which bends the norm with its unpretentious simplicity. The light is in an elegant cylinder shape, its stainless steel surface rusted to a beautifully warm texture. Roest stems from nature’s reaction between steel, oxygen, water and time, the rusting process turning every light into a unique object. Handmade in Holland, Roest presents natural colours in unusual settings.
Graypants teamed up with Dutch designer VanJoost to expand on their curiosities and explorations into the world of lighting. The collaboration with VanJoost highlights Graypants unique fascination with nature and material research. By combining these two principals, they were able to create a truly unique aesthetic to enhance the world of lighting. The Roest collection is a celebration of friendship, light and natural beauty.
Designed by VanJoost and hand-made in Holland, Roest presents natural colors in unusual settings. The Roest collection includes 4 vertical suspension lights, 2 horizontal suspension lights and 1 ceiling light.
Graypants is a design studio founded by Seattle-based architects Seth Grizzle and Jonathan Junker in 2007. Their bold creativity has led to diverse designs in products and architecture, especially Scraplights, the brand's flagship line of pendant lights made entirely from repurposed corrugated cardboard. Since then, more collections have been created, always focusing on recycled paper or natural materials such as wood.
- Designed by VanJoost for Graypants
- Measurements: Ø 11.4 x H 20 cm
- Hanging Weight: 1.8 kg
- Material and Finish: steel with a unique rusted surface, resulting from nature’s reaction between steel, oxygen, water and time; after the natural oxidation process, all items are treated to stop further rusting
- Cord: includes a 2 metres black fabric cord and a rusted steel canopy. 5 or 8 metre cords are available upon request
- Recommended Bulb (not included): 2700K LED - Ceramic GU10 socket - Max 10 Watt
- Power: 220 - 240 V / 50 - 60 Hz
- CE Certified
- Care: Roest products are naturally rusted and although they are thoroughly treated, Roest lighting can be scratched by sharp objects, leaving an orange marking; when this occurs, polish the scratch with Linseed oil and a cloth
- Made in Holland by hand
- Delivery 1 - 2 weeks
- Roest Ceiling 20 Tech Sheet