Loci is an innovative and highly customisable suspension light from Graypants. The name, which means "centralised sources of power" in Latin, refers to its innovative design, where a single light source from a handful of LEDs concealed in the canopy is transmitted to multiple pendants via fibre-optic cables. This design is also far more energy efficient and easy to maintain than conventional designs, where individual pendants are lit by separate light bulbs or LEDs.
The pendants which make up the Loci suspension light are made of solid frosted acrylic and are can be specified in multiple shapes from cubes to candles and even cones. When lit, the pendants emit a soft glow which highlight the shape of the pendants as well as the design of the overall installation beautifully. The Loci suspension light works especially well in large open spaces such as building lobbies and tall spaces such as stairwells, where the light can be customised to create spectacular installations.
The Loci suspension light comes in five standard designs: Ring, Spiral Ring, Mobius, Rain and Wave, but any number of pendants can be used to create unique designs customised to fit your specifications. For such bespoke installations please refer to the Canopy System Brochure and the Loci Tech Specs and contact us for more details.
Graypants design studio
Graypants is a design studio founded by Seattle-based architects Seth Grizzle and Jonathan Junker in 2007. Their bold creativity has led to diverse designs in products and architecture, especially Scraplights, the brand's flagship line of pendant lights made entirely from repurposed corrugated cardboard. Since then, more collections have been created, always focusing on recycled paper or natural materials such as wood.
This product is custom-made to order
Hand-crafted in the Netherlands
- Illuminator Size: L 25.4 x W 11.15 x H 8.9 cm
- Diffuser size: Cube: 5 x 5 cm / Candle: 2.5 x 15.24 cm - custom options are available (the diffusers are customisable in other various shapes: triangles, round etc)
- Light total size depending on each specific design and on each customised configuration
Depending on each specific design and on each customised configuration
Materials & Finishes
- Diffuser material: frosted acrylic
- Canopy material: MDO plywood, metal - custom options are available
- Finishes: TBC for each customised design
Electrical Fitting and other Electrical Features
- Color temperature: 3000K - custom options are available
- Dimming: the light can be dimmable upon request
- Cord Set: fibre optic cable; black hardwired 2m cord standard / variable depending on customisation
- Fibre: black jacket fibre
Suspended from ceiling
Cleaning, Maintenance and Use
- Maintenance: clean with a dry duster or compressed air; use a polishing cloth to remove any tarnish. Seal with wax as needed. Do not use aggressive detergent on brass or steel
- For use indoor or in a dry location
For more information, please contact us for more details and kindly provide as much information as possible, such as:
- Desired dimensions (approximate) of the installation
- Preferred canopy type, and/or material, and/or colour
- Preferred shape of the diffusers
- Preferred number of diffusers, or a rough estimate of your budget
- Any additional special need or request
It would also be helpful to have some images and/or some PDF or CAD drawings of the space, and any loose design concept or inspiration idea on which we can work on.
Canopy System Brochure
Loci Tech Specs
Loci Installation Instructions
Production 4-8 weeks plus shipping 1-2 weeks depending on location.
Delivery - United Kingdom
|£50 to £150
This product will be sent by a courier using a kerbside, non-timed service.
We offer an enhanced delivery service which includes delivery at an agreed time slot to your room of choice, product assembly, removal of packaging and old items of furniture as well as storage for a limited period for an extra charge. Please contact us for a quotation.
Delivery - Outside United Kingdom
This product will be sent by a courier using a kerbside, non-timed service. Charges for deliveries outside the UK vary depending on size and weight and will be shown at the Shopping Cart or Checkout. You can also contact us for a custom delivery cost quotation.
Our shipping charges exclude import duties, local taxes and other applicable charges which may be levied as the goods reach your country. All our prices include UK VAT of 20%. We can exclude VAT for deliveries outside the EU or to VAT-registered businesses within the EU, please contact us for an adjusted invoice.
Delivery & Returns
Terms & Conditions
Not quite what you are looking for? Contact us for free advice on product specifications and suggestions.
Need more help with furnishing your space? Check out our Interior Design packages.