Katana Bench is an elegant small sofa bench designed by Paolo Rizzatto and produced by Ghidini 1961. The Katana Bench has a brass structure supporting a comfortable seat and enveloping back and armrests. This sleek and luxurious bench is ideal for both private and contract use, whether in a contemporary or classic design scheme.
The Katana Bench is available in one size and is part of a collection of products designed by Paolo Rizzatto for Ghidini 1961. The Katana collection comprises chairs, armchairs, benches and sofas with various sizes and upholstery options.
Milan born, Italian architect and designer Paolo Rizzatto graduated in Architecture at the Politecnico di Milano in 1965. In his Milanese studio he works as freelance professional in the areas of architecture, interior design, and product design. In 1978 Paolo founded the company Luceplan with Riccardo Sarfatti: the studio designed for several Italian and foreign companies such as Alias, Arteluce, Artemide, Cassina, Danese, Driade, Fiam, Flos, Guzzini, Knoll, Kartell, Lensvelt, Luceplan, Molteni, Montina, Nemo, Philips, Poltrona Frau, Segis, Serralunga, Thonet, Veneta Cucine. Paolo won several prizes, amongst which the Compasso d’oro in 1981, 1989, 1995, 2008 and 2011, the “Premio dei Premi per l’Innovazione” in Rome in 2011, and the international competition for the urban renovation of the Darsena of Milan in 2004.
Ghidini 1961 is the design-led consumer products brand from Ghidini Bosco, the Italian specialist in metal die-casting renowned for their manufacturing expertise, especially with brass. Precious and luxurious, Ghidini 1961 is the perfect marriage of manufacturing heritage and cutting-edge contemporary design. Read our related blog post on Ghidini 1961 here.
- Designed by Paolo Rizzatto
- Available in one size
- Dimensions: W 120 x D 53 x H 66 cm
- Structure: brass
- Seat, backrest and armrests: fully upholstered
- Finishes: polished or satin or burnished brass - make your preferred selection amongst the options below
- Upholstery: fabric, natural leather or Nabuk leather - make your preferred selection amongst the options below and then indicate your preferred fabric or leather colour in the "Notes to Do Shop" upon check out
- Delivery: 60-90 days
- Country: made in Italy
- For all materials and finishes refer to the Ghidini Materials and Finishes Catalogue
- For any other general information on the brand refer to the Ghidini General Catalogue