The Guest Bed, designed by Hertel & Klarhoefer for Zeitraum, is a stylish and simple stackable bed made in solid oak or American walnut. Ideal for guests, for the teenagers' room or for the holiday home. Two beds can be stacked (without fixings) resulting in a wonderful couch for the daytime, which can be made even more cosier with the added touch of a few large cushions. The Guest Bed is also suitable as a permanent single or double bed, perfect for both for private and contract projects, such as hotels, schools etc.
The frame of the Guest Bed is available in solid oak or American walnut, please make your selection in the options below. The bed comes with an integrated slatted base system with sprung slats made in beech. The price also includes a KLIMA-Tex core, 7 zones cold foam mattress with a removable Oeko-Tex cover. This mattress is classified under firmness grade H2, recommended for users below 80 kg. It is also suitable for persons with dust allergy.
In addition to the versions offered here, the frame of the Guest Bed is also available in other types of wood (cherry, stained oak, cherry and European walnut). The frame and the mattress can also be ordered separately, both in multiple sizes. Please contact us for more information on these options.
Peter Christian Hertel and Sebastian Klarhoefer studied Architecture in Berlin and Venice and graduated in 1996 and 1994 respectively at the Berlin Institute of Technology. In 1999 they founded their design agency hertel & klarhoefer. Their team comprises designers, interior designers, prototypists and carpenters.
Zeitraum was founded in Wolfratshausen near Munich in 1990, specialising in solid wood furniture with emphasis on sustainability and contemporary design. Zeitraum products are characterised by sleek, minimalist designs, attention to detail and exceptional quality. Their chairs, tables, beds and other collections can be found in high-end residential projects as well as commercial spaces such as hotels and restaurants around the world.
- Design: Hertel & Klarhoefer
- Dimensions (for each bed): L 209 x W 90 x H 21+5 (including mattress) cm
- Frame Material: solid oak or American walnut
- Frame Finish: natural wood colours - wood surfaces impregnated with natural resin oils and waxes applied by hand
- Wood Sources: oak - northern Bavaria in Germany, American walnut - Missouri in the USA
- Slatted Base (Integrated): Zeitraum Silent slatted base system with beech sprung slats
- Mattress: GUEST KS 170 KLIMA-Tex core, 7 zones cold foam mattress with a removable Oeko-Tex cover
- Origin: made in Germany
- Prices are per 1 bed + 1 slatted base + 1 mattress; if 2 stackable beds are required, simply select quantity "2" upon check out
- Delivery: 2 - 4 weeks
- Tech Specs