The Explorer Side Tables, designed by Jaime Hayon for BD Barcelona Design, is a a series of side tables inspired by children's most serious occupation: play! These tables are typical of Jaime's design: playing with colours and shapes to craft products which are not only functional but also sculptural. By combining different techniques - painting some parts with a gloss finish, some others in matte and adding reflective glass top surfaces plus different combinations of colours - gives even more richness and playfulness to the collection.
The Explorer Side Tables collection comprises 3 tables: the Explorer 1 (Small: Ø 40 x H 50 cm), the Explorer 2 (Medium: Ø 60 x H 46 cm) and the Explorer 3 (Large: Ø 100 x H 42). All of these can be either multicolour or unicolour.
Jaime Hayon is a Spanish artist-designer who started his own studio in 2000 after a stint directing the design department at Fabrica, the Benetton-funded design and communication academy. His distinctive vision has propelled him to the leading edge of art and design, having collaborated with leading brands including BD Barcelona Design, Camper, Lladró, Baccarat, Bisazza, Swarovsky, Ceccotti and Moooi.
BD Barcelona Design is a unique brand at the intersection between art and design. Founded in 1972, Its owners come from an architectural background and have consistently championed beauty over pure functionality. Its skilled craftsmen in Barcelona create superior quality furniture and objects from design icons such as Antoni Gaudi, Salvador Dali and Ettore Sottsass as well as leading contemporary designers such as Jaime Hayon.
- Design: Jaime Hayon
- Year: 2019
- Dimensions: Explorer 1 - Small: Ø 40 x H 50 cm / Explorer 2 - Medium: Ø 60 x H 46 cm / Explorer 3 - Large: Ø 100 x H 42 cm
- Weight: Small: 5 kg / Medium: 7 kg / Large: 10 kg
- Materials: lacquered fibreglass structure; solid turned wooden legs and lacquered; painted glass table top
- Available in multiple colours and colour combinations, please refer to the Tech Specs
- Origin: made in Spain
- Delivery: 4 - 6 weeks
- Product Technical Specifications
- Refer to the Materials Guide