The Cabinet of Curiosity Read, designed by Neri&Hu for Stellar Works, is a cabinet with glass doors which rests on a metal trolley. The industrial details of the design, especially the mesh screen, metal railings and castors, are inspired by the trolleys used to transport ceramic objects to be be fired in the furnace. According to the designers, if the furnace represents the trials and tribulations of life, then it is through the burning of sins and secrets that we walk out white and new, just like the ceramic objects once they have been fired.
The Cabinet of Curiosity Read is part of the Cabinet of Curiosity Collection which includes two variations of the cabinet: Read or Dress. The Read cabinet is designed to be a showcase for precious objects, perfect for use in living rooms as well as public spaces such as hotels, restaurants or shops.
The cabinet is available in walnut or ash, the latter can be stained in various finishes. Please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information and make your selection of wood type in the options below, indicating the finish for the ash version in the "Note to Do Shop" section at the checkout. Please contact us if you have any further questions on options and finishes.
Founded in 2004 by partners Lyndon Neri and Rossana Hu, Neri&Hu Design and Research Office is an inter-disciplinary architectural design practice based in Shanghai and London. Their diverse, multicultural team strive to reinvent classic craft, adding a fresh, contemporary touch to their projects and collaborations all over the world. The studio’s work has earned a host of awards including the Elle Deco International Designers of the Year Award in 2017 and the Wallpaper* Designer of the Year Award in 2014.
Stellar Works is a contemporary design brand which brings together East and West, heritage and modernity, as well as craft and industry. The brand benefits from having a production base in China, operational management from Japan and creative input from designers from around the world. Their designs combine Asian motifs with European styles, creating products which feel fresh yet timeless.
- Design: Neri&Hu Design Studio
- Dimensions: W 99 x D 44.5 x H 176.5 cm
- Materials: solid ash or walnut frame, laminate panels with matching wood veneers, brass plated stainless steel, powder coated steel, tempered glass
- Finishes: walnut in natural finish, ash stained in various finishes - please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information
- Country of Origin: China
- This item is made to order at the Stellar Works factory in China. The delivery lead time therefore depends on the product specification, order quantity and shipping mode chosen by you. Please contact us for more information
- Product Tech Sheet