The Balea Bar Stool is a Scandinavian style upholstered bar stool designed by Muka for Missana. The smooth rounded shape of the seat and the horizontal seams on the upholstery are inspired by the whales which grace the Basque coast. This sleek and organic bar stool works well both for domestic and commercial uses, from bars and office break out areas to breakfast counters and dining areas.
The Balea Bar Stool comes in two sizes: high or low. The base is available in beech or oak and its seat can be upholstered in a wide range of fabrics, please refer to the Missana Fabrics and Finishes catalogue for more information. For more advice on fabrics and finishes please contact us.
Muka Design Lab is an award winning industrial design studio from the Basque Country in Northern Spain that specialises in "slow design" to create furniture, consumer goods and home accessories with a very distinctive character. “Slow design” stems from working with talented local artisans and craftsmen to design everyday objects.
Missana is a Spanish furniture brand well known for its contemporary, slick designs and top quality upholstery. The brand was relaunched in 2012 with a fresh new image, cutting edge art direction and an ambitious programme of new products from leading international designers.
View Tech Specs
- Designed by Muka
- Measurement: High: W 40 x D 40 x H 78 cm / Low: W 40 x D 40 x H 46 cm
- Weight: High: 6.5 kg / Low: 5 kg
- Structure: beech or oak wood structure; plywood seat; seat polyurethane CMHR30
- Legs: beech or oak wood
- Upholstery and other finishes: please kindly refer to Missana Fabrics and Finishes catalogue
- Seat: stuffed with UK approved polyurethane; please kindly refer to all relevant UK Foam Certificates
- Tech Data, Care and Maintenance
- Country: Spain
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks