Katana Sofa is an elegant sofa designed by Paolo Rizzatto and produced by Ghidini 1961. The Katana Sofa has a brass structure supporting a comfortable seat and enveloping back and armrests. The Katana is inspired by the iconic and seductive shapes of the classic Chesterfield, reinterpreted with renewed elegance; thanks to the gentle curves of its legs, the connection with the seat and the back is smooth and light-weighted. The Katana is ideal for both private and contract use.
The Katana Sofa is available in four versions - two, three, four seater and a corner two seater - and is part a collection of products designed by Paolo Rizzatto for Ghidini 1961. The Katana collection comprises chairs, armchairs, benches and sofas with various sizes and upholstery options.
Milan born, Italian architect and designer Paolo Rizzatto graduated in Architecture at the Politecnico di Milano in 1965. In his Milanese studio he works as freelance professional in the areas of architecture, interior design, and product design. In 1978 Paolo founded the company Luceplan with Riccardo Sarfatti: the studio designed for several Italian and foreign companies such as Alias, Arteluce, Artemide, Cassina, Danese, Driade, Fiam, Flos, Guzzini, Knoll, Kartell, Lensvelt, Luceplan, Molteni, Montina, Nemo, Philips, Poltrona Frau, Segis, Serralunga, Thonet, Veneta Cucine. Paolo won several prizes, amongst which the Compasso d’oro in 1981, 1989, 1995, 2008 and 2011, the “Premio dei Premi per l’Innovazione” in Rome in 2011, and the international competition for the urban renovation of the Darsena of Milan in 2004.
Ghidini 1961 is the design-led consumer products brand from Ghidini Bosco, the Italian specialist in metal die-casting renowned for their manufacturing expertise, especially with brass. Precious and luxurious, Ghidini 1961 is the perfect marriage of manufacturing heritage and cutting-edge contemporary design. Read our related blog post on Ghidini 1961 here.
- Designed by Paolo Rizzatto
- Available in four versions
- Structure: belted seat and multilayered foam covered in polyurethane with different densities and quilted goose down with cotton lining; backrest structure in plywood covered with polyurethane rubber with different densities, all covered with a quilted goose down with cotton lining
- Base: sofa and armchair based on the Katana leg which is made of Italian brass, die casted in-house, then polished by hand and lacquered with a transparent finish to guarantee long- lasting durability
- Seat, backrest and armrests: fully upholstered
- Covers not removable
- Finishes: polished or satin or burnished brass - make your preferred selection amongst the options below
- Upholstery: fabric, velvet, natural leather, Nappa Leather or Nabuk leather - make your preferred selection amongst the options below and then indicate your preferred fabric or leather colour in the "Notes to Do Shop" upon check out
- For the Corner Two Seater, please indicate Right (DX) or Left (SX) in the "Notes to Do Shop" upon check out
- Two Seater: W 180 x D 90 x H 68 cm
- Three Seater: W 230 x D 90 x H 68 cm
- Four Seater: W 280 x D 90 x H 68 cm
- Corner Two Seater: W 140 x D 90 x H 68 cm
- Delivery: 60-90 days
- Country: made in Italy
- For all materials and finishes refer to the Ghidini Materials and Finishes Catalogue
- For any other general information on the brand refer to the Ghidini General Catalogue