The Ara Sofa and Ottoman, designed by PerezOchando Studio for Missana, was conceived with the aim of merging comfort, communication and privacy. Ara takes its name from a very characteristic South American parrot which is able to talk and communicate. This sofa and its ottoman give its user the privacy that the new forms of communication very often require: Ara is the ideal sofa to manage our day to day tasks, such as dealing with emails, making conference calls or just enjoying a little privacy and well deserved relaxation time after a long day at work.
The Ara Sofa and Ottoman are part of the Ara Collection which also includes 2 armchairs. The sofa and ottoman feature upholstered seat and back cushions. The metal feet can be lacquered in all standard RAL colours, as well as special finishes such as copper, gold and chrome colours. Numerous fabrics and finishes options are available, please refer to the Missana Fabrics and Finishes catalogue and contact us for more details.
Claudia Pérez and Pedro Ochando are the founders of PerezOchando Studio. They have two very different profiles which allows them to be able to work in many different projects such as graphic, furniture and lighting design among many others.
Missana is a Spanish furniture brand well known for its contemporary, slick designs and top quality upholstery. The brand was relaunched in 2012 with a fresh new image, cutting edge art direction and an ambitious programme of new products from leading international designers.
View Tech Specs
- Designed by PerezOchando Studio
- Made in Spain
- Dimensions: Sofa: W 130 x D 75 x H 123 x SH 45 cm / Ottoman: W 70 x D 62 x H 45 cm
- Weight: Sofa: 52 kg / Ottoman: 16 kg
- Structure: backrest in iron and seat in pine wood with lacquered iron legs
- Cushions: 50% goose feathers and 50% combed wadding
- Legs: lacquered iron legs
- Upholstery and other finishes: please kindly refer to Missana Fabrics and Finishes catalogue
- Seat and Backrest: stuffed with UK approved polyurethane; please kindly refer to all relevant UK Foam Certificates
- Tech Data, Care and Maintenance
- Country: Spain
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks