Olvidada Suspension Light, designed by Pepe Cortés for BD Barcelona Design, is a sleek and sculptural light made of incandescent LED strips. Originally designed in 1976, the drawings were hidden away until they were rediscovered and put into production in 1984, hence the name ("olvidada" means forgotten in Spanish). The Olvidada light has since gained iconic status, thanks to its versatility and slick, high-tech look. The Olvidada Suspension Light looks great on its own or in a group and is suitable for both private and in commercial spaces, for example in restaurants or over a kitchen counter.
The Olvidada Suspension Light comes in 2 versions: rigid steel rod support in copper finish or black cable (300 cm) support.
Olvidada is a collection of lights designed by Pepe Cortés for BD Barcelona Design, comprising several suspension lights and a floor light.
Pepe Cortés, born in Barcelona in 1946, studied design at Eina School where he was later a teacher. At the beginning of the '70s he linked up with professionals in different areas and founded the Grupo Abierto de Disefio (Open Design Group). During that decade he designed the Oriol and Cubic jewellery, the Werner record store and the Poliglas offices. He now collaborates with design companies worldwide, including BD Barcelona Design.
BD Barcelona Design is a unique brand at the intersection between art and design. Founded in 1972, Its owners come from an architectural background and have consistently championed beauty over pure functionality. Its skilled craftsmen in Barcelona create superior quality furniture and objects from design icons such as Antoni Gaudi, Salvador Dali and Ettore Sottsass as well as leading contemporary designers such as Jaime Hayon.
- Design: Pepe Cortés
- Year: 1976-1984
- Dimensions and Weights: suspension light with black cable: W 38 x D 38 x H max. 300 cm - approx. 1 kg / suspension light with rigid copper support: W 38 x D 38 x H 166 cm - approx. 4 kg
- Material: ceiling rosette, structure and support rod in steel with copper finish, holder cube for the three LED linestras in chromed steel or polished brass finish
- Light Bulb: linestras LED RL RAL 60 9 W/230/827/O/S14D, ETIM Class name: LED lamp / Multi-LED and luminous flow of 450 lumens
- Electrical Equipment: voltage: 230V; frequency: 50 Hz; insulation: Class I; IP: 20; nº of Linestras: 3; power: 3 x 9 W; type of Linestra: LED; type of bulb holder: S-14D; lifetime: 20.000 h approx
- Origin: made in Spain
- Delivery: 4 - 6 weeks
- Certifications: tested in accordance with policy UNE-EN 60598-2-1:93 and UNE-EN 60598-1:01 obtaining the CE mark
- Maintenance: clean with a damp cloth
Tech Sheet and other Technical Specifications
- Refer to the Materials Guide