The Flatmate wall mounted folding desk is an award-winning, space-saving desk designed by Michael Hilgers for Mueller (or Müller) Möbelwerkstätten. When closed, the Flatmate has a footprint of only 0.09 m², which makes it one of the smallest and best equipped secretary desks on the market. Due to its slim profile and its sleek, minimalist style, it can be used to transform long corridors or small rooms into a home office if required, or can offer a place in the bedroom for working. The Flatmate is ideal for both residential and commercial spaces.
The Flatmate is made with precision engineering with tremendous attention to detail. The high quality hinges enable the desk flap to be lowered in a dampened motion and creates a strong, sturdy work surface. The desk area is comfortable to work on, partly thanks to the beautifully bevelled edges. There is a glare-free LED strip light at the top of the shelf, together with an integrated power socket, USB charging port and a soft-touch switch. On each side of the desk is a panel which opens to reveal 3 storage compartments with space for a laptop, files and other stuff. The desk also includes an organiser set comprising a mobile phone / tablet holder, letter stand and shelf which can be attached to the back panel of the shelf. Please note the Flatmate must be attached to the wall (mounting kit is included). A matching plinth is available to conceal the feet of the desk, please enquire for more details.
The Flatmate is a larger version of the Flatbox, also designed by Michael Hilgers for Mueller.
Michael Hilgers is a trained cabinet-maker and architect who founded his own interior and product design studio in 2001. Michael has been awarded several times with the "Interior Innovation Award" and his products have been exhibited in various museums worldwide. Michael has been collaborating with several companies including Mueller, creating iconic products such as the ultra-flat secretary Flatmate, the picture frame wall secretary Flatframe, the Huk side table and the very latest Boq bed.
Müller Möbelwerkstätten is a 5 generations family company with a long history in the joinery business. Müller has been producing high-quality furniture for both private and business clients in Bockhorn (Germany) since 1869. Müller Möbelwerkstätten stands for manufacturing expertise, combining modern production methods with manual and crafting skills.
- Designed by Michael Hilgers
- Manufactured in Germany
- Material: plywood with CPL laminate, organiser set in powder-coated metal
- Finish: plywood CPL laminates in white, anthracite or black, organiser set in white (for the white and anthracite desks) and black (for the black desks)
- Measurements: W 71.7 x D 12.2 x H 114 cm. When opened, the desk area is W 71.7 x D 41.2 cm
- Power: supplied with black textile-wrapped power cable (130 cm) and plug
- Wall mounting kit: included
- Assembly: delivered assembled
- Maintenance: softly clean with damped cloth, using water or gentle wood cleaner
- Delivery time 2 - 3 weeks
- View Product Catalogue
- Please contact us for more information