There (Push Pin) is a giant push pin-shaped candlestick designed by Studio Job for Ghidini 1961. The inspiration for the candlestick came from designer Job Smeets' pursuit of a lost lover, when he would push a drawing pin into a large candle every day he was without her. Cast in solid brass with detailed etchings, this quirky and elegant candlestick is a romantic reminder of the power of love and perseverance.
The There (Push Pin) candlestick is part of a collection of products designed by Studio Job for Ghidini 1961.
Studio Job was founded in 1998 by Job Smeets, and later joined in 2000 by Nynke Tynagel, both graduates of the Design Academy Eindhoven. They have been hugely influential in elevating design arts in contemporary culture with their highly sought-after limited edition creations. These are often inspired by highly personal experiences and are characterised by extravagant details executed using both traditional and modern techniques.
Ghidini 1961 is the design-led consumer products brand from Ghidini Bosco, the Italian specialist in metal die-casting renowned for their manufacturing expertise, especially with brass. Precious and luxurious, Ghidini 1961 is the perfect marriage of manufacturing heritage and cutting-edge contemporary design. Read our related blog post on Ghidini 1961 here.
- Material: brass or copper plated brass - wax candle
- Available in 2 finishes: brass polished or rose gold
- Dimension: Ø 25 x H 51 cm - Candle Ø 4
- Weight with candle: 2.5 kg
- Weight without candle: 1.8 kg
- Candle included
- Delivery: 60-90 days
- Country: made in Italy
- For information on finishes refer to the Ghidini Materials and Finishes Catalogue
- For any other general information on the brand refer to the Ghidini General Catalogue