The Utility Armchair V is a comfortable and versatile chair designed by Neri&Hu for Stellar Works. The design of the chair is inspired by a sense of utility, its industrial aesthetics recalling factory and school furniture with a dash of contemporary masculine sophistication. The chair is very comfortable, with its seat padded and upholstered in leather. Details such as the sturdy solid wood legs, the buttons in the upholstered seat and the brass finish of the steel backrest support blend tradition with modernity and functionality with style.
The Utility Armchair V is a versatile all-purpose armchair appropriate for both domestic and commercial uses, especially in restaurants and bars. The armchair is part of the Utility Collection which also includes chairs, stools and other products.
The seat of the armchair is fully upholstered in fabric or leather whilst the legs are in solid walnut or ash wood in multiple finishes, with the plywood backrest in matching wood veneers. Please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information and make your selection of the wood type and fabric category in the options below, indicating the fabric reference and colour finish for the ash version in the "Note to Do Shop" section at the checkout. Please contact us if you have any further questions on options and finishes.
Founded in 2004 by partners Lyndon Neri and Rossana Hu, Neri&Hu Design and Research Office is an inter-disciplinary architectural design practice based in Shanghai and London. Their diverse, multicultural team strive to reinvent classic craft, adding a fresh, contemporary touch to their projects and collaborations all over the world. The studio’s work has earned a host of awards including the Elle Deco International Designers of the Year Award in 2017 and the Wallpaper* Designer of the Year Award in 2014.
Stellar Works is a contemporary design brand which brings together East and West, heritage and modernity, as well as craft and industry. The brand benefits from having a production base in China, operational management from Japan and creative input from designers from around the world. Their designs combine Asian motifs with European styles, creating products which feel fresh yet timeless.
- Design: Neri&Hu Design Studio
- Dimensions: W 53.7 x D 51.1 x H 81 x SH 46.6 cm
- Materials: Legs in solid walnut or ash, fully upholstered seat, backrest in plywood with wood veneer, backrest supports in stainless steel
- Finishes: Stainless steel in brass finish, walnut in natural finish, ash stained in various finishes - please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information
- Upholstery (Seat): Fabric or leather - please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information
- Country of Origin: China
- This item is made to order at the Stellar Works factory in China. The delivery lead time therefore depends on the product specification, order quantity and shipping mode chosen by you. Please contact us for more information