The Grasso Footstool, designed by Stephen Burks for BD Barcelona Design, is a comfortable and inviting footstool ideal for any space. Grasso (which means "fat" in Italian) is visually striking, its leather upholstery spilling over the iron structure, bursting with comfort. This effect is emphasised by the use of a single piece of premium quality leather with minimal seams. Available in various metal frame and upholstery colours, the Grasso Footstool works well both for private use and in commercial spaces, for example in bars and reception areas.
Grasso is a collection of furniture and accessories designed by Stephen Burks for BD Barcelona Design. The collection comprises the Grasso Chair, the Grasso Stool, the Grasso Armchair which can be accompanied by the Grasso Footstool and the Grasso Vases. The collection is also available in other leather / metal frame combinations, please contact us for more details.
With his New York–based studio, Stephen Burks Man Made, American born designer Stephen Burks has produced innovative products - furniture, lighting and accessories - for a wide range of international clients including B&B Italia, Boffi, Cappellini, Dedar, Dedon, Harry Winston, Missoni, Moroso, Parachilna, Roche Bobois and Swarovski. Stephen has exhibited at the Studio Museum in Harlem and the Museum of Arts and Design, as well as receiving numerous accolades including the Illinois Institute of Technology Alumni Professional Achievement Award, the Brooklyn Museum Young Modernist Award, the Architektur & Wohnen Audi Mentor Prize and the 2008 United States Artists Architecture & Design Target Fellowship Grant.
BD Barcelona Design is a unique brand at the intersection between art and design. Founded in 1972, Its owners come from an architectural background and have consistently championed beauty over pure functionality. Its skilled craftsmen in Barcelona create superior quality furniture and objects from design icons such as Antoni Gaudi, Salvador Dali and Ettore Sottsass as well as leading contemporary designers such as Jaime Hayon.
- Design: Stephen Burks
- Year: 2018
- Dimensions: W 75 x D 35 x SH 40 cm
- Weight: 15 kg
- Material: tubular steel frame (25 mm) with upholstered seat and backrest
- Finishes: frame powder-coated in red (RAL 3013), beige (RAL 7022), blue (RAL 5011) or black (RAL 9011); with seat and backrest upholstered in papaya, stone, black and fir tree (dark green) coloured Sauvage leather respectively (non-removable)
- Origin: made in Spain
- Delivery: 4 - 6 weeks
- The Grasso collection is certified in accordance to: UNE-EN1022 -96, UNE ENV 581-2:00, UNE 11012:89, UNE 11021-92 “Home furniture. Seatings. Determination of stability”
- Maintenance: clean with a damp cloth using only water; for maintenance a thin layer of a wax of the same color as the leather or a colourless / neutral one can be applied
- Technical Specifications