The Utility Sofa is a comfortable and versatile modular sofa system designed by Neri&Hu for Stellar Works. The design of the sofa is inspired by a sense of utility, its industrial aesthetics recalling factory and school furniture with a dash of contemporary masculine sophistication. The sofa is very comfortable, with its seat, armrests and backrest padded and upholstered in fabric or leather. Details such as the sturdy solid wood and veneer laminate base, the steel/stainless steel legs and brackets, the various options of upholstery blend tradition with modernity and functionality with style.
The Utility Sofa is a versatile all-purpose modular sofa system appropriate for both domestic and commercial uses, such as in hotels and reception areas. The sofa is part of the Utility Collection which also includes chairs, stools and other products. The sofa can be specified in different configurations, fabrics and finishes in addition to the model shown here, please enquire for more details.
Founded in 2004 by partners Lyndon Neri and Rossana Hu, Neri&Hu Design and Research Office is an inter-disciplinary architectural design practice based in Shanghai and London. Their diverse, multicultural team strive to reinvent classic craft, adding a fresh, contemporary touch to their projects and collaborations all over the world. The studio’s work has earned a host of awards including the Elle Deco International Designers of the Year Award in 2017 and the Wallpaper* Designer of the Year Award in 2014.
Stellar Works is a contemporary design brand which brings together East and West, heritage and modernity, as well as craft and industry. The brand benefits from having a production base in China, operational management from Japan and creative input from designers from around the world. Their designs combine Asian motifs with European styles, creating products which feel fresh yet timeless.
- Design: Neri&Hu Design Studio
- Dimensions or the Utility Sofa Three Sides (as shown in the main image): W 198 x D 80 x H 85 x SH 42 cm. Other modules and compositions available please enquire for more detail.
- Materials: solid wood and veneer laminate base, steel / stainless steel legs and brackets, upholstery
- Various finishes and fabrics available, please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information
- Country of Origin: China
- This item is made to order at the Stellar Works factory in China. The price and delivery lead time therefore depends on the product specification, order quantity and shipping mode chosen by you. Please contact us for more information