The Archives collection of wallpaper from NLXL is a selection of seven designs from Studio Job's extensive library of icons and images, applying their trademark archetypical drawings and symbols to create unique patterns. This collection is a winner of the Editor’s award at ICFF New York in 2014.
"Alt Deutsch" is a collection of patterns created by Studio Job from 2005 to 2012. The drawings that were used for this theme were all drafted with the same approach (emphasising the outline). In 2006, for example, they designed Underworld for a public project and in 2009 ING commissioned The Gospel. A number of new icons were also designed for The Book of Job in 2010. Adding these images together created a mash-up, a method of composition first used for the hand-painted furniture series Alt Deutsch in 2012.
Studio Job was founded in 1998 by Job Smeets, and later joined in 2000 by Nynke Tynagel, both graduates of the Design Academy Eindhoven. They have been hugely influential in elevating design arts in contemporary culture with their highly sought-after limited edition creations. These are often inspired by highly personal experiences and are characterised by extravagant details executed using both traditional and modern techniques.
NLXL is an innovative wallpaper company founded in the Netherlands in 2010 by Rick and Esther Vintage. They are best known for the Scrapwood Wallpaper collection, brainchild of designer Piet Hein Eek. The pattern has no repeat, which means all the images on the 10 m roll are different; a unique feature which has since become the defining hallmark of NLXL wallpaper. The company has since then launched hugely successful collections with Piet Hein Eek, Studio Job, Paola Navone and other leading designers, with a focus on clever, unexpected designs.
- Dimensions per full roll: L 900 x W 48.7 cm (coverage of 4.4 square metres)
- Weight: 153 g / sqm
- Material: heavy duty wallpaper with paper top layer and non-woven wallpaper backing consisting of cellulose and textile fibres strengthened by a binding agent
- Free of PVC, solvents and formaldehyde
- Super high-resolution printing with no repeat
- Colourfast and washable with soft cloth
- Can conceal cracks
- Very easy application - no wallpapering table necessary, as it is the wall that is pasted with glue
- Fire rating: USA ASTM E 84-10 EU B-s1 (download)
- Country: made in the Netherlands
- Delivery: 1-2 weeks