Sophie is a distinctive range of mirrors designed by Jean-Francois Merillou for Mater. The design is inspired by the construction of wine barrels, hence the nails around the rim which are hammered by hand. The leather covered rim adds a rustic touch and evokes the image of an old vineyard, whilst the shadow gap around the mirror is an elegant contemporary detail which gives the impression that the mirror is floating. The Sophie Mirror works well in both residential and public spaces, especially in hallways, bedrooms and hotels.
The frame of the Sophie Mirror is made of sustainably harvested solid mango wood with a leather rim. The mirror is available in 3 sizes - small, medium or large - each with different finishes for both the frame and the rim (please see options below). Please refer to the Mater Material Catalogue and feel free to contact us for more information on available options.
Jean-Francois Merillou is a young and talented French designer who designed the Sophie Mirror in collaboration with Mater.
Mater is a Danish design brand with a strong ethical and design philosophy, working with established and new designers to create furniture, lighting and accessories characterised by the timeless elegance of Scandinavian design. All products are made with ethically sourced materials with focus on supporting local craft traditions and minimising any adverse impact on the environment and society.
- Design: Jean-Francois Merillou
- Dimensions: Small - Ø 42 x D 7 cm / Medium - Ø 50 x D 7 cm / Large - Ø 61 x D 7 cm
- Weight: Small - 4 kg / Medium - 7 kg / Large - 10 kg
- Materials: frame in sustainably harvested solid mango wood; leather rim
- Finishes: Small - wood in black stain with brown leather / Medium - wood in Sirka grey stain with black leather / Large - wood in natural lacquer with black leather
For more information on finishes please refer to the Mater Material Catalogue
- Origin: India
- Delivery: 1 - 2 weeks
- Care and Maintenance
- Product Fact Sheet
Please contact us for more information