The Discipline Sofa Straight, designed by Neri&Hu for Stellar Works, is a sleek modular sofa unit which derives its name from the simple horizontal wooden platform acting as a base for the five variations of cushions resting on it. Supported by delicate metal legs, the wooden platform floats just above the ground. The simple geometry and carefully calibrated dimensions of the sofa allow for a seamless combination of individual units which are made in different materials: metal legs, wooden base and upholstered cushions. The Discipline Sofa works well both at home and also in commercial environments especially hotels, lobbies and lounging areas.
The Discipline Sofa is available in five modules: straight, right corner, left corner, right half back and left half back. This makes it suitable for a wide spectrum of functions: from an intimate two-piece “L" shaped sofa to a long bench, or even a back-to-back centre feature seating island. There is also a Side Table which can be attached to the side of the sofa. If required, please select and add to cart along with your selected Discipline Sofa.
The Discipline Sofa is available in walnut or ash, the latter stained in various finishes, with upholstered seat and back. Please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information on materials and make your selection of wood type and fabric category in the options below, indicating the finish for the ash version and the fabric reference in the "Note to Do Shop" section at the checkout. Please contact us if you have any further questions on options and finishes.
Founded in 2004 by partners Lyndon Neri and Rossana Hu, Neri&Hu Design and Research Office is an inter-disciplinary architectural design practice based in Shanghai and London. Their diverse, multicultural team strive to reinvent classic craft, adding a fresh, contemporary touch to their projects and collaborations all over the world. The studio’s work has earned a host of awards including the Elle Deco International Designers of the Year Award in 2017 and the Wallpaper* Designer of the Year Award in 2014.
Stellar Works is a contemporary design brand which brings together East and West, heritage and modernity, as well as craft and industry. The brand benefits from having a production base in China, operational management from Japan and creative input from designers from around the world. Their designs combine Asian motifs with European styles, creating products which feel fresh yet timeless.
- Design: Neri&Hu Design Studio
- Dimensions: W 203 x D 95.5 x H 65 x Seat Height 38 cm
- Materials: base in solid ash or walnut and laminate with matching wood veneer, legs and brackets in stainless steel, upholstery
- Finishes: walnut in natural finish, ash stained in various finishes - please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information
- Upholstery: available in fabric or leather - please refer to the fabrics and finishes guide for more information
- Country of Origin: China
- This item is made to order at the Stellar Works factory in China. The delivery lead time therefore depends on the product specification, order quantity and shipping mode chosen by you. Please contact us for more information