The Tailor Sofa is a floaty shaped sofa designed by Rui Alves for Menu. The sofa features a solidly structured yet light shape and a sturdy wooden frame, designed for daily use. Its foam-shell-covered upholstery is crafted with an extreme attention to detail; wooden joints carefully frame the round shape of the sofa, giving this sofa a handmade look and feel. The Tailor is an elegant and versatile sofa ideal for both private and contract use.
The Tailor Sofa has been awarded Furniture Of The Year, Bo Bedre Design Awards 2017.
The Tailor Sofa comes in a natural soaped oak frame or with a dark stained frame. The upholstery is available in various options: a light grey fabric or a beige fabric from Kvadrat, or a dark brown leather from Nevotex. Simply select your choices in the options below. If more than one sofa is required, select the various options for the first sofa, add to cart and then repeat the process. The options below show the various combinations which are available for expedited shipping. Other upholstery options (for regular, unexpedited shipping) are also available, please enquire for more details.
Rui Alves is a Portuguese born designer coming from a family of skilled craftsmen. His father and grandfather were cabinetmakers and since his childhood he lives surrounded by tools and materials. Rui studied Industrial Design, graduating and opening his design studio in his hometown in 2001. His projects range from furniture to product design.
Menu is a Danish design company founded in 1976. Collaborating with some of the most talented designers in the world, they deliver high quality design with a crisp Scandinavian look referred to as "soft minimalism". Menu is passionate about design, new materials and clever, functional details - innovations that make a genuine difference.
- Dimensions: H 75 x W 180 x D 71 x SH 41 cm
- Material: frame in natural soaped oak or dark stained oak / upholstery in either light grey fabric from Kvadrat (Hallingdal 65/103) or beige from Kvadrat (Maple 0222) or in a dark brown leather from Nevotex (Dakar 0311)
- Filling: made with CMHR foam (approved for UK domestic use); alternative foam (10% cheaper) is available if the sofa is used outside the UK - please enquire
- Colour: frame: natural soaped oak (light brown) or dark stained oak (darker brown) / Upholstery: light grey, beige or dark brown
- Other upholstery and finishes are available upon request, please enquire for more details
- For more information on upholstery options please refer to the Menu Upholstery Catalogue
- Upholstery compliant with UK fire safety standards (CMHR foam)
- Product Tech Sheet
- Delivery: limited stock available; if not in stock then up to 6-8 weeks