The Hashira Table Lamp is a modern, Nordic take on the traditional Japanese rice paper lantern, designed by Norm Architects for Menu. Taking its name from the Japanese word for column or pillar, the textile lamps fill a space with cosy, ambient light and, true to the nature of the Washi paper lantern that inspired the collection’s creation, the slender structure is visible through the shade, lending the glowing column a graphic expression. This perfectly poised and balanced light works well in both classic and contemporary design schemes, both in residential and in commercial spaces.
The Hashira Table Lamp is part of a collection which includes table, floor and pendant lights.
Norm Architects is a Copenhagen-based architecture and design studio well known for their clean, minimalist look.
Menu is a Danish design company founded in 1976. Collaborating with some of the most talented designers in the world, they deliver high quality design with a crisp Scandinavian look referred to as "soft minimalism". Menu is passionate about design, new materials and clever, functional details - innovations that make a genuine difference.
- Dimensions: Dia 18 x H 49.5 cm
- Materials and Finishes: frame in steel with hand-made white linen shade and sand-blasted ash wood base in natural ash finish
- Bulb Fitting: E27 (CE) / E26 (US) x1. Bulb not included
- Dimmer: dimmer switch included
- Cord: 200 cm, black textile cord with black plug
- Delivery: approximately 2-4 weeks from mid-May 2020