The Washi Green Wallpaper is amongst the latest wallpapers by Piet Boon.
Internationally renowned Dutch designer Piet Boon and his multidisciplinary Studio Piet Boon team, frequently travel the world meeting new people and experiencing different cultures. Their travels enable them to draw creative inspiration from a variety of unique (design) projects, cultural impulses and new materials such as the extraordinary Japanese Washi paper.
Washi, meaning Japanese paper, is traditional handmade paper of which its rich history dates back to 610 AD. Though the paper nowadays enjoys a contemporary following used for different purposes, it still holds the same characteristics of strength, durability, lightness, warmth and flexibility as the traditional version. Impressed by the paper’ characteristics, versatility and beauty, Studio Piet Boon used it as an inspiration for the new Piet Boon® Wallpaper design: a modern interpretation of Japanese Washi paper.
The Washi Wallpaper collection is available in 3 versions: Petrol, Green or Grey.
NLXL LAB is an innovative wallpaper company founded in the Netherlands in 2010 by Rick and Esther Vintage. They are best known for the Scrapwood Wallpaper collection, brainchild of designer Piet Hein Eek. The pattern has no repeat, which means all the images on the 10 m roll are different; a unique feature which has since become the defining hallmark of NLXL wallpaper. The company has since then launched hugely successful collections with Piet Hein Eek, Studio Job, Paola Navone and other leading designers, with a focus on clever, unexpected designs.
- Dimensions per full roll: L 1000 x W 48.7 cm (coverage of 4.9 square metres)
- Weight: 153 g / sqm
- Material: heavy duty wallpaper with paper top layer and non-woven wallpaper backing consisting of cellulose and textile fibres strengthened by a binding agent
- Free of PVC, solvents and formaldehyde
- Super high-resolution printing with no repeat
- Colourfast and washable with soft cloth
- Can conceal cracks
- Very easy application - no wallpapering table necessary, as it is the wall that is pasted with glue
- Fire rating: USA ASTM E 84-10 EU B-s1 (download)
- Country: made in the Netherlands
- Delivery: 1-2 weeks