The Factory Suspension Light, designed by Elisa Giovannoni for Ghidini 1961, is inspired by industrial style bell-shaped metal lamps used in factories. The smooth and reflective bell is made of brass, with its characteristic sheen and weight. Other distinguishing features include the casting that encloses the bulb holder, the anchor hook and the poly-carbonate diffuser that closes the bell (thereby concealing the light bulb) and creates a warm glow.
Factory Suspension Light is is part of a collection designed by Elisa Giovannoni for Ghidini and available in 3 sizes: Small, Medium and Large.
Elisa Gargan Giovannoni is an industrial and interior designer, wife and partner of Ghidini's Creative Director Stefano Giovannoni. Elisa collaborates as a designer with Giovannoni Design and other companies including Alessi, Magis, Maletti-l'Oreal, Millefiori, Mr & Mrs Fragrances, Millefiori, Bisazza, Veneta Cucine, Bertazzoni, Marzorati&Ronchetti, Tubes, Viceversa. Winner of numerous prizes and competitions, Elisa runs courses at the Domus Academy and the Polytechnic School of Design.
Ghidini 1961 is the design-led consumer products brand from Ghidini Bosco, the Italian specialist in metal die-casting renowned for their manufacturing expertise, especially with brass. Precious and luxurious, Ghidini 1961 is the perfect marriage of manufacturing heritage and cutting-edge contemporary design. Read our related blog post on Ghidini 1961 here.
- Designed by Elisa Giovannoni
- Material: brass or copper / poly-carbonate diffuser
- Finish: brass polished or rose gold
- Dimensions Small: Ø 45 x H 37 cm
- Dimensions Medium: Ø 63 x H 46 cm
- Dimensions Large: Ø 78 x H 52 cm
- Weights: Small: brass 8.5 kg / copper 9.09 kg - Medium: brass 9 kg / copper 9.63 kg - Large: brass 11.5 kg / copper 12.3 kg
- Delivery: 60-90 days
- Country: made in Italy
- For all materials and finishes refer to the Ghidini Materials and Finishes Catalogue
- For any other general information on the brand refer to the Ghidini General Catalogue